I’m sure some of you are like “Why does she like 7-Eleven so much?”
The fact is I used to hate it when I was in the States. I didn’t start my love affair with 7-Eleven until I came to Japan.
So why does 7-Eleven rock so much?
- It’s open 24/7. It’s hard to find a convenience store chain open all the time where I am.
- It’s clean.
- 7-Eleven clerks rock. They’re always so friendly and courteous that it’s always pleasant to shop there.
- 7-Eleven has the best bento. When you buy a bento, they’ll heat it for you and give you a pair of chopsticks. An instant ready-to-eat inexpensive meal that tastes good. W00t!
- 7-Eleven has the best onigiri. Yum yum.
- Did I mention it’s sparkling clean? It’s utterly spotless. The floor is so shiny and clean that you can eat off of it.
- 7-Eleven has the awesomest selection of Häagen-Dazs ice cream. Nothing like rich ice cream for summer.
BTW — this only applies to 7-Eleven in Japan. I still don’t like the American version.