Skepticism and leeriness are two things that go through readers’ mind when you…
- … boldly announce that you’ll put out [[[ insert some ungodly number ]]] of books per day (or week, or month, or year)
- … proclaim that you don’t have the money or resources to get good betas, crit partners, and/or editor(s)
- … declare that you’re too good to have to waste time with things like editors, CPs, etc.
- … publish books with homemade covers
- … publish books with one too many errors
- … excuse errors in your titles by saying how other publishers/authors also have errors in theirs
- … whine about how horrible your readers are because they aren’t writing glowing reviews and creating word-of-mouth for you
- … whine about bad reviews and/or attack reviewers/readers
Readers & reviewers — Want to add more to the list? Feel free.