Guest Blog Guidelines
I welcome having guest bloggers. If you’re interested, please take a look at the following guidelines:
- Contact me at least two weeks prior to your desired date. All spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You may cover any topic except religion, politics and others that I deem unsuitable for my audience. I reserve the right to decide whether or not to publish your post. If you’d like to see what people have blogged about, please refer to the guest blog archive.
- Please note that I do not accept blatant promos, though I’ll be happy to include links to your website, blog and social media profiles plus the cover of your latest release. If you want to see sample posts to get an idea, please refer to the guest blog archive.
FYI—If you have an ebook coming out, I’ve noticed that it’s usually most effective to schedule guest blog posts either on or right after the publication date.
- After we’ve agreed on a date, please send me the following:
- your guest blog post, including the post title you want to use (copy & paste into the body of the email; sorry, but I won’t open attachments)
- byline including links to your website, blog and social media profiles
Both of these should arrive in my inbox four business days before your go-live date.
- If you have a specific picture you want included (such as your website logo, photo or book cover), you can send it in jpg, gif or png format, but it cannot be bigger than 500 px in width. FYI—I can only accept one picture. If you don’t provide any, I might add one that I think is suitable. (Pictures tend to make people want to read more.)
- Should I fail to receive your guest blog post and byline by the due date, I’ll assume you’re no longer interested and give the spot to somebody else without notice. I don’t mean to be harsh, but I just don’t have the time to chase after people who don’t care enough to send me the stuff on time. If you can’t meet the deadline, just send me a note, and we can arrange for a different date or else cancel. It’s really no big deal, but communication is the key. :)
- Please ensure that the post you’re sending me has been proof-read (and proof-read…and proof-read again) and is free of grammatical errors and typos. It will be published as-is, and no revisions will be accepted. I schedule all guest blog posts as I receive them (to ensure that I don’t forget to post them on time), and I can’t afford to make changes to the post every time you discover something you want to rephrase.
I really can’t emphasize the above point enough. Nothing is going to turn a potential buyer of your book off more than reading a semi-literate post on a blog. You’re supposed to be professional writers, so be sure you represent yourself as such. :)
- Your guest blog post will go live on the agreed upon date at 8:00 a.m. eastern time (U.S.). I’ll send you the permalink to your post when I have everything set. :)
If you have any questions or want to reserve a date, please use the contact form below. Thanks!